Traveling to Bocas
As you know, flights/transportation to/from Bocas is not included in the trip. Cost of flights varies based on airports of course, but expect to pay $600-$900 total. Nearly everyone we've had come down (over 100 people from all over North America) paid less than $900 total.
Start looking for flights now. Here's some direction (we're happy to help with this process, so don't hesitate to reach out with questions).
- Your city --> Panama City (PTY)
- Kayak.com or Google.com/flights
- use +/- 1 day to see best options that can work for you on both departure and return dates
- Often times a redeye flight into PTY is best because it allows you to transfer to Albrook and catch early flight on Air Panama to Bocas.
- We suggest planning your flights in a way that allows you to stay and enjoy Bocas as much as possible the final day too, so fly out in the afternoon from Bocas and evening or another redeye from PTY.
- Often times, a night in Panama City is required (based on flights) or desired. Accommodations there are not included, so be sure to plan accordingly. Panama City is a fun place to explore for a day though, and many of our Champs and Trip Attendees choose to take a day there.
- Transfer via cab to smaller airport in Panama City called Albrook (about 30 mins)
- Albrook --> Bocas del Toro (BOC)
- AirPanama.com (use computer and select English in top right of screen)
- Give yourself at least two hours (preferably three hours to be safe) between landing at PTY and departing from Albrook (and vice versa on your way back home). You'll need this time to transfer airports, checkin, go through security, etc.
- Upon arriving at the Bocas airport, you will see an Adventure Hunt or Resort rep there. He/she will take you to transfer via boat (about 10 mins) to the resort
- This boat transfer is included in the price of the trip
- Another option is to fly to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) and from there to Bocas del Toro (BOC) on CaribeShuttle. This is often cheaper.