Waiver and Rules
- By creating an Adventure Hunt account, registering for and/or participating in Adventure Hunt in any way, you acknowledge that you have fully read, understood, covenant and agree to this full Release Waiver as well as everything below.
- By registering for and/or participating in Adventure Hunt, you and your teammate hold harmless Adventure Hunt and its employees, partners, sponsors, etc. Meaning, you agree to not sue or make any legal claims against Adventure Hunt, its employees, partners or sponsors for any expenses, damages, injuries, or losses from participating in Adventure Hunt. You also acknowledge and agree to follow all of these Rules.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate or have parental/guardian consent signed and emailed to email@example.com (not .com).
- Participate at your own risk.
- Be smart. Be safe. Be courteous.
- Use caution and discretion and obey all local laws at all times.
By registering for and/or participating in Adventure Hunt, you and your teammate assume all liability and responsibility for your actions and safety. Adventure Hunt and its Sponsors assume no liability or responsibility for your actions or safety nor the actions and safety of your teammate, nor anyone affected by you or your teammate's actions.
- You must know and understand the How It Works page.
- All registration sales are final. No refunds, regardless of weather or anything else. Rules subject to change with updates to website. Stay on top of things.
- The Adventure Hunt swag and KZ products are an added bonus for registering and we've made sure to order their top sellers, so no exchanges, returns or refunds are allowed.
- You and your teammate must both be registered! Register now, then pick your teammate any time before the Hunt and make sure he/she registers too!
- To avoid issues with your email, you need to follow our Instagram account and like our Facebook page. You'll also need to check the email you registered with and our App before, during and after the Hunt.
- You must use your (or your teammate's) legitimate personal Instagram account for all posts--the same account for every adventure/post. Make sure your Instagram account is listed as 'public' so we can see your posts.
- Be safe. Be smart. Be courteous. Obey all Adventure Hunt Rules and local laws. You take full responsibility and liability for your own actions.
- "Obey all local laws" includes traffic laws. We take your safety and the safety of those around you seriously. Any team found to have received a parking or traffic violation will be disqualified.
Do NOT use the Adventure Hunt App while driving! You have a teammate for a reason :) If you're driving, focus on the road and obey the law while your teammate helps navigate you safely to each location using the app.
MAKE YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT PUBLIC
Race to accumulate the needed points (10 Adventure + 10 Fun = 20 total points) and unlock the Treasure Map and Clues, then race to follow the clues to buried treasure.
Remember, the treasure is winner take all in each city! First team to get to the treasure and dig it up, wins!
"If ya ain't first, you're last." - Ricky Bobby, Talladega Nights
"There are no points for second place." - Viper, Top Gun
Treasure is winner take all, but...
- 2nd place gets $200 to KZgear.com
- 3rd place gets $150 to KZgear.com
- 4th-10th places get $100 to KZgear.com
- EVERYONE who finishes Adventure Hunt, even after the Treasure has been found gets $10 to KZgear.com! Dooope!
Post all adventures to the same Instagram account
Make sure it's clear that both teammates are present for each post
Make each post as fun and epic as possible. Today is first and foremost about having fun, so #EnjoyTheRide. Besides that, if you do have what it takes to win in your city, remember that the added free airfare bonuses are determined by thousands of Adventure Hunt contestants voting on who completed Adventure Hunt in the best, most epic way.
Wear or show your Adventure Hunt Daypack in each post or audibly say "Adventure Hunt" in the video (some people register late and therefore won't receive their swag until after the Hunt).
@ Tag and # hashtag each caption as instructed on the Adventure List
- Tagging in comments does not count, must be in the caption
Do NOT ask any local businesses for free services. They have businesses to run, be respectful of that. If they offer something you need, pay for it or find another way to complete the task, or choose another task entirely.
- Submitting for verification of Instagram posts will be done via the Adventure Hunt App. Allow at least 15 minutes for verification response.
- In the event that you have issues communicating via the app, you may send an email to LetsGo@AdventureHunt.co (not .com) from the same email address you used to register, with your city and Instagram username in the subject: i.e. "Boston Verify @(yourIGusername)" only AFTER you are completely done with ALL the required points for your Hunt and ready for us to verify your posts.
- The Adventure Hunt App's Treasure Map and Clues will be unlocked to teams in order of completion and verification of the Adventure List. If your team does not pass the verification, you'll be told why and then have a chance to correct the issue and re-submit for verification. Note that you'll go to the back of the queue though when you re-submit.
- Once the treasure has been found, the Treasure Map and Clues will be unlocked for all teams, even if they haven't finished the Adventure List yet.
- We like transparency, so here's the Adventure Hunt Team’s Verification Steps:
- Ensure both teammates are registered
- Ensure they have the needed points for each category
- Ensure it’s a video when it needs to be a video
- Can we see their Adventure Hunt daypack or hear them say "Adventure Hunt" in each video?
- Ensure it’s clear both teammates are present in each post
- Ensure they actually did the activity--funny creativity is cool in some cases, but obvious laziness, corner-cutting/rule bending never is
- All posts must remain on your Instagram account through the entire contest--a) because they’re epic shots you should be proud of and b) so we can refer back and verify along the way and c) winners of roundtrip airfare will be determined by other Adventure Hunt participants looking back at your posts and voting which winning teams most thoroughly and epicly completed their Adventure Hunt.
- The clues and routes are randomized for each team, so following another team may prove to be a very bad idea as your clue may be taking you to a different location than theirs. Figure the clues out and go to the right spots in the right order!
- All the routes take the same time to complete from first stop to buried treasure (the final stop is the same for everyone of course as that's where the treasure is), but where you happen to be when you finish the Adventure List and how far that is from the first stop is luck of the draw. The routes themselves are very even and fair thogh.
- The app will notify you when you're within 2,500 feet of a stop, 750 feet of a stop and when you've reached a stop--at which point you'll see some cool stuff to do at that spot and be able to tap to the next clue.
- If the app doesn't notify you that you're in the right spot and you have good data service on your phone, that means you're in the wrong spot. Keep moving till you find it!
- ALLOW LOCATION SERVICES AND PUSH NOTIFICATIONS OR THE APP WILL NOT BE AS HELPFUL TO YOU.
- The app uses maps, which drains battery a bit quicker. You may want to take turns using teammates phone. You should also go for the Ultimate Hunt as it comes with a solar charger.
- The app is brand new and has been tested thoroughly. It works great, but just like with all technology, you may experience issues. If you do, force close the app and reopen it. That will fix 99% of the issues you'll encounter, which will be rare anyway.
Part of the Adventure Hunt challenge and competition is your ability to solve the clues guiding you to the treasure. Should you get stumped, there are in-app helps offered for purchase. Pictures, videos, 'tell me the location' and 'skip location'. Pictures and videos can be used on any stop, but 'tell me location' can only be used twice per team and 'skip location' can only be used once. So choose wisely when you use those as there are usually 7-12 stops per Hunt.
- In the case that a team arrives at the treasure location after another team has already arrived and begun looking, the arriving teams cannot search immediately next to the already-searching teams. Obviously you'll be close to each other, but give each team at least a few feet between you so there's no fighting/disputing who gets the treasure. NO FIGHTING!
- In the unlikely event that a treasure is stolen before it's found by an Adventure Hunt team, an identical replacement treasure will be mailed to the first team to have completed the list and follow the clues to the treasure location. Treasures will not be deemed "stolen" until a full 24 hours has elapsed from the time the first team reached the treasure location.
- Must be age 18+ or have written parental/guardian consent to win the Panama trip
- You must have a valid passport to travel to Panama
- Panama trip voucher good for:
- 6 days, 5 nights at Red Frog Beach Island Resort
- Free zipline canopy jungle tour for two
- This trip is not transferrable
- Vouchers redeemable whenever you want between May 13 - December 14, 2017 with the exception of these blackout dates: November 1-17 and 21-26, 2017.
- Main Adventure Hunt trip to Panama is Sept. 10-16, 2017. You'll want to plan on that week as it is insanely fun and awesome :)
- The top four teams will also have their full roundtrip airfare to Panama covered as well as one night in Panama City. The next four teams (ranked 5-8) will receive $300 credit toward travel.
- The top four and eight teams will be determined by voting from all Adventure Hunt participants on which of the 48 winning teams performed the adventures best and had the most epic posts. The top two from each region--see below.
- Panama flights for top four teams out of United States only
- 8 Roundtrip tickets (2 each for top 4 teams)
- Vouchers redeemable whenever you want between May 13 - December 14, 2017 with the exception of these blackout dates: November 1-17 and 21-26.
The Panama trip for all the champs is September 10-16, 2017 and will truly be an epic week, never to be forgotten! Do you have what it takes to make it there?