Waiver and Rules
- By creating an Adventure Hunt account, registering for and/or participating in Adventure Hunt in any way, you acknowledge that you have fully read, understood, covenant and agree to this full Release Waiver as well as everything below.
- By registering for and/or participating in Adventure Hunt, you and your teammate hold harmless Adventure Hunt and its employees, partners, sponsors, etc. Meaning, you agree to not sue or make any legal claims against Adventure Hunt, its employees, partners or sponsors for any expenses, damages, injuries, or losses from participating in Adventure Hunt. You also acknowledge and agree to all of these Rules.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate or have parental/guardian consent signed and emailed to email@example.com (not .com).
- Participate at your own risk.
- Be smart. Be safe. Be courteous.
- Use caution and discretion and obey all laws at all times.
By registering for and/or participating in Adventure Hunt, you and your teammate assume all liability and responsibility for your actions and safety. Adventure Hunt and its Sponsors assume no liability or responsibility for your actions or safety nor the actions and safety of your teammate, nor anyone affected by you or your teammate's actions.
You must know and understand the How It Works page.
- All registration sales are final. No refunds, regardless of weather or anything else. Rules subject to change with updates to website. Stay on top of things.
- The KZ products are an added bonus for registering and we've made sure to order their top sellers, so no exchanges, returns or refunds are allowed.
You and your teammate must both be registered! Register now, then pick your teammate any time before the Hunt and make sure he/she registers too!
- To avoid issues with your email, you need to follow our Instagram account and like our Facebook page.
- You must use your (or your teammate's) legitimate personal Instagram account for all posts--the same account for every adventure/post. Make sure your Instagram account is listed as 'public' so we can see your posts.
- Each post to Instagram must contain the following:
- Tag @AdventureHunt.co and all sponsors in the caption of each post: (you may want to just copy and paste this to save time)
- @AdventureHunt.co @GoPro @KZgear @StanceSocks @RedFrogBeachResort @MissionBeltCo @TheGoScope
- Tagging in comments does not count, must be in the caption
- Most posts will be video required, but for the few that allow for a photo, you must tag @AdventureHunt.co and @KZgear in the photo
- In the event that you're bad at following rules ;) and post a photo when a video is needed, to have a little mercy on you, we'll award half points on activities completed using a photo where a video was needed. We will round down, not up, in the case of half points on odd numbers. No bonus points will be awarded for videos where photos are required, but full points will still be awarded.
- Wear or at least show your KZ gear in each post.
- For the 1% of you who lost your KZ gear or entered your address wrong at registration and therefore don't have them, shame on you, but we'll show mercy on you and allow you to wear white t-shirts where you draw the KZ logo on the chest in black marker as best you can (logo found in top left of KZgear.com). We know who registered and we know when honest mistakes have been made, so we got your back here!
- Five hashtags are required in each post's caption (not in comments)
- The Adventure ID for each specific activity (i.e. #ahu3, #ahf15, etc.)
- These will be provided on the Adventure List at the start of each Hunt.
- Only one Adventure ID hashtag allowed per post
- Do NOT ask any local businesses for free services. They have businesses to run, be respectful of that. If they offer something you need, pay for it or find another way to complete the task, or choose another task entirely.
- Submitting for verification of Instagram posts will be done via the Adventure Hunt App (links coming soon). Allow at least 15 minutes for verification response.
- In the event that you have issues communicating via the app, you may send an email to LetsGo@AdventureHunt.co (not .com) from the same email address you used to register, with your city and Instagram username in the subject: i.e. "Boston Verify @(yourIGusername)" only AFTER you are completely done with ALL the required points for your Hunt and ready for us to verify your posts and send the clue. In the body of the email, tell us your teammates name and the email he/she used to register. Allow at least 15 minutes for verification response.
- You must complete and post all adventures to Instagram then have them reviewed and verified by the Adventure Hunt team to unlock the Treasure Map and Clues portion of the app.
- The Adventure Hunt App's Treasure Map and Clues will be unlocked to teams in order of completion and verification of the Adventure List. If your team does not pass the verification, you'll be told why and then have a chance to correct the issue and re-submit for verification. Note that you'll go to the back of the queue though when you re-submit.
- It needs to be clear to us that it’s you and/or your teammate in each post--distant or blurry posts are discouraged and may not pass verification. It also must be clear in some way (ideally we see both of you, but at least hear) that both of you are present in every post.
- We like transparency, so here's the Adventure Hunt Team’s Verification Steps:
- Check their email to ensure they are both registered
- Ensure they have the needed points for each category
- Ensure it’s a video when it needs to be a video
- Ensure we can see KZ’s in each post
- Ensure it’s clear both teammates are present in each post
- Ensure they actually did the activity--funny creativity is cool in some cases, but obvious laziness, corner-cutting/rule bending never is
- All posts must remain on your Instagram account through the entire contest--a) because they’re epic shots you should be proud of and b) so we can refer back and verify along the way and c) winners of roundtrip airfare will be determined by other Adventure Hunt participants looking back at your posts and voting which of the 20 winning teams most thoroughly and epicly completed their Adventure Hunt.
- The first team to follow the clues, reach the treasure and unbury it, wins.
- Remember, this is winner take all in each city! 48 total winning teams for Adventure Hunt III, one from each city.
- "If you're not first, you're last." - Ricky Bobby, Talladega Nights.
- "There are no points for second place." - Viper, Top Gun.
- In the case that a team arrives at the treasure location after another team has already arrived and begun looking, the arriving teams cannot search immediately next to the already-searching teams. Obviously you'll be close to each other, but give each team at least a few feet between you so there's no fighting/disputing who gets the treasure. NO FIGHTING!
- In the unlikely event that a treasure is stolen before it's found by an Adventure Hunt participant, an identical replacement treasure will be mailed to the first team to have completed the list and receive the clue. Treasures will not be deemed "stolen" until a full 24 hours has elapsed from the time the first clue was sent.
- Must be age 18+ or have written parental/guardian consent to win the Panama trip
- You must have a valid passport to travel to Panama
- Panama trip voucher good for:
- 6 days, 5 nights at Red Frog Beach Island Resort
- Free zipline canopy jungle tour for two
- This trip is not transferrable
- Vouchers redeemable whenever you want between May 13 - December 14, 2017 with the exception of these blackout dates: November 1-17 and 21-26, 2017.
- Main Adventure Hunt trip to Panama is Sept. 10-16, 2017. You'll want to plan on that week as it is insanely fun and awesome :)
- The top four teams will also have their full roundtrip airfare to Panama covered as well as one night in Panama City. The next four teams (ranked 5-8) will receive $300 credit toward travel.
- The top four and eight teams will be determined by voting from all Adventure Hunt participants on which of the 48 winning teams performed the adventures best and had the most epic posts. The top two from each region--see below.
- Panama flights for top four teams out of United States only
- 8 Roundtrip tickets (2 each for top 4 teams)
- Vouchers redeemable whenever you want between May 13 - December 14, 2017 with the exception of these blackout dates: November 1-17 and 21-26.
The Panama trip for all the champs is September 10-16, 2017 and will truly be an epic week, never to be forgotten! Do you have what it takes to make it there?