Waiver and Rules
- By creating an Adventure Hunt account, registering for and/or participating in Adventure Hunt in any way, you acknowledge that you have fully read, understood, covenant and agree to this full Release Waiver as well as everything below.
- By registering for and/or participating in Adventure Hunt, you and your teammate hold harmless Adventure Hunt and its employees, partners, sponsors, etc. Meaning, you agree to not sue or make any legal claims against Adventure Hunt, its employees, partners or sponsors for any expenses, damages, injuries, or losses from participating in Adventure Hunt. You also acknowledge and agree to follow all of these Rules.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate or have parental/guardian consent signed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate at your own risk.
- Be smart. Be safe. Be courteous.
- Use caution and discretion and obey all local laws at all times.
By registering for and/or participating in Adventure Hunt, you and your teammate assume all liability and responsibility for your actions and safety. Adventure Hunt and its Sponsors assume no liability or responsibility for your actions or safety nor the actions and safety of your teammate, nor anyone affected by you or your teammate's actions.
- You must know and understand the How It Works page.
- All registration sales are final. No refunds, regardless of weather, app glitches/bugs or anything else. Rules subject to change with updates to website. Stay on top of things.
- The Adventure Hunt swag/products are an added bonus for registering, so no exchanges, returns or refunds are allowed.
- You and your teammate must both be registered! Register now, then pick your teammate any time before the Hunt and make sure he/she registers too!
- To avoid issues with your email, you need to follow our Instagram account and like our Facebook page. You'll also need to check the email you registered with and our App before, during and after the Hunt (not required, but strongly recommended--you are responsible for being informed).
- You must use your (or your teammate's) legitimate personal Instagram account for all posts--the same account for every adventure/post. Make sure your Instagram account is listed as 'public' so we can see your posts.
- Be safe. Be smart. Be courteous. Obey all Adventure Hunt Rules and local laws. You take full responsibility and liability for your own actions.
- "Obey all local laws" includes traffic laws. We take your safety and the safety of those around you seriously. Any team found to have received a traffic or even parking violation will be disqualified.
Do NOT use the Adventure Hunt App while driving! You have a teammate for a reason :) If you're driving, focus on the road and obey the law while your teammate helps navigate you safely to each location using the app.
MAKE YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT PUBLIC
Race to accumulate the needed points (10 Adventure + 10 Fun = 20 total points) and unlock the Treasure Map and Clues, then race to follow the clues to buried treasure.
Remember, the treasure is winner take all in each city! First team to get to the treasure and dig it up, wins!
Post all adventures to the same Instagram account--each post is only good for one adventure. You cannot get credit for more than one adventure per post.
All Adventure List activities must be completed on Hunt Day after the Adventure List is released. (i.e. no using old photos/video, etc.)
Make sure it's clear that both teammates are present for each post--we may use our discretion to let this slide for 1-2 posts, but never more than that and maybe not for any, so play it safe and do it right.
Make each post as fun and epic as possible. Today is first and foremost about having fun, so #EnjoyTheRide. Besides that, if you do have what it takes to win in your city, remember that the added free airfare bonuses are determined by thousands of Adventure Hunt contestants voting on who completed Adventure Hunt in the best, most epic way.
- Really do each activity. i.e. a bike ride means a bike ride--outside! Same with longboarding, horseback riding, a waterslide, etc. On occasion in the past, we've let creativity of doing this in a store or with a toy horse, etc. slide, but not anymore. That's not what Adventure Hunt is about. Make it real and make it epic!
Wear or show your Adventure Hunt Daypack in each post or audibly say "Adventure Hunt" in the video (some people register late and therefore won't receive their swag until after the Hunt--if this is forgotten on one or two out of 7+ posts, it will be at our discretion to let it slide, so be on the safe side and just do it).
Tag @AdventureHunt.co or @RedFrogBeachResort in the caption of each post. Do not tag both in each caption--that can result in Instagram thinking it's spam as the same caption is posted over and over again. Alternate between those two tags with each post.
Hashtag #AdventureHunt in at least 3-4 of your posts.
- Tagging in comments does not count, must be in the caption.
Have a caption of some sort at least explaining what you're doing in the post. i.e. "Belly-flopping for @RedFrogBeachResort" (this is not required like the tags above are, but strongly encouraged as it helps us verify you and others more quickly).
Do NOT ask any local businesses for free services. They have businesses to run, be respectful of that. If they offer something you need, pay for it or find another way to complete the task, or choose another task entirely--there are plenty of free options.
- Submitting for verification of Instagram posts will be done via the Adventure Hunt App. Allow at least 15 minutes for verification response.
- In the event that you have issues communicating via the app, you may send an email to LetsGo@AdventureHunt.com from the same email address you used to register, with your city and Instagram username in the subject: i.e. "Boston Verify @(yourIGusername)" only AFTER you are completely done with ALL the required points for your Hunt and ready for us to verify your posts.
- The Adventure Hunt App's Treasure Map and Clues will be unlocked to teams in order of completion and verification of the Adventure List. If your team does not pass the verification, you'll be told why and then have a chance to correct the issue and re-submit for verification. Note that you'll go to the back of the queue though when you re-submit.
- Once the treasure has been found, the Treasure Map and Clues will be unlocked for all teams, even if they haven't finished the Adventure List yet.
- We like transparency, so here's the Adventure Hunt Team’s Verification Steps:
- Ensure both teammates are registered
- Ensure they have the needed points for each category
- Ensure it’s a video when it needs to be a video
- Can we see their Adventure Hunt daypack or hear them say "Adventure Hunt" in each video?
- Ensure it’s clear both teammates are present in each post
- Ensure they actually did the activity correctly--funny creativity is cool in some cases, but obvious laziness, corner-cutting/rule bending never is.
- Ensure they tagged @RedFrogBeachResort or @AdventureHunt.co in each post's caption--and #AdventureHunt is in at least 3 posts' captions.
- All posts must remain on your Instagram account through the entire contest--a) because they’re epic shots you should be proud of and b) so we can refer back and verify along the way and c) winners of roundtrip airfare will be determined by other Adventure Hunt participants looking back at your posts and voting which winning teams most thoroughly and epicly completed their Adventure Hunt.
- The clues and routes are randomized for each team, so following another team may prove to be a very bad idea as your clue may be taking you to a different location than theirs. Figure the clues out and go to the right spots in the right order!
- All the routes take the same time to complete from first stop to buried treasure (the final stop is the same for everyone of course as that's where the treasure is), but where you happen to be when you finish the Adventure List and how far that is from the first stop is luck of the draw. The routes themselves are very even and fair though.
- The app will notify you when you're within 2,500 feet of a stop, 750 feet of a stop and when you've reached a stop--at which point you'll see some cool stuff to do at that spot and be able to tap to the next clue.
- If the app doesn't notify you that you're in the right spot and you have good data service on your phone, that means you're in the wrong spot. Keep moving till you find it!
- At each stop, we list some fun things to do there and encourage you to share your journey on Snapchat. This is not required, but encouraged--especially for those expecting to win and be voted by peers for free airfare to Panama!
- ALLOW LOCATION SERVICES AND PUSH NOTIFICATIONS OR THE APP WILL NOT BE AS HELPFUL TO YOU.
- The app uses maps, which drains battery a bit quicker. You may want to take turns using teammates phone. You should also go for the Ultimate Hunt as it comes with a solar charger.
The app is brand new and has been tested thoroughly. It works great, but just like with all technology, you may experience issues. If you do, force close the app and reopen it. That will fix 99% of the issues you'll encounter, which will be rare anyway. Tapping 'sync hunt' from the gear icon can also help.
Part of the Adventure Hunt challenge and competition is your ability to solve the clues guiding you to the treasure. Should you get stumped, there are in-app helps offered for purchase. Pictures, videos, 'tell me the location' and 'skip location'. Pictures and videos can be used on any stop, but 'tell me location' can only be used twice per team and 'skip location' can only be used once. So choose wisely when you use those.
- Picture help--a photo of the exact location you need to be or something similar that helps solves the clue--$0.99
- Video help--a video of the exact location you need to be and its surrounding area, often an aerial drone shot--$1.99
- Tell Me the Location--literally just tells you the exact spot you need to be, can only be used twice per Hunt--$9.99
- Skip Location--allows you to entirely skip a clue and location, can only be used once per Hunt and is only offered on some locations--$29
- ALL the clues can be solved without any of these additional helps (Google, ask friends and really think--don't expect to be able to read a clue and immediately solve it). In fact, most people don't use them, but if you need them, they're there. Who knows, maybe a little extra help will get you to Panama!
- In the case that a team arrives at the treasure location after another team has already arrived and begun looking, the arriving teams cannot search immediately next to the already-searching teams. Obviously you'll be close to each other, but give each team at least a few feet between you so there's no fighting/disputing. NO FIGHTING!
- In the unlikely event that a treasure is stolen before it's found by an Adventure Hunt team, an identical replacement treasure will be mailed to the first team to have completed the list and followed the clues to the treasure location. Treasures will not be deemed "stolen" until 30 minutes has elapsed from the time the third team reached the treasure location.
- In the unlikely event that multiple teams are digging for the treasure at the same time the winning team will be rewarded to whichever team arrived there first, based on the team's timestamp within the app.
- Must be age 18+ or have written parental/guardian consent to win the Panama trip
- You must have a valid passport to travel to Panama
- Panama trip voucher good for:
- 6 days, 5 nights at Red Frog Beach Island Resort
- Free zipline canopy jungle tour for two
- This trip is not transferrable
- Vouchers redeemable whenever you want between May 13 - December 14, 2017 with the exception of these blackout dates: November 1-17 and 21-26, 2017.
- The Main Adventure Hunt trips to Panama are Sept. 6-11, 2017 and Sept. 11-16, 2017 (now full). Both will have Adventure Hunt reps and both will have a Final Hunt. We did this to accommodate everyone being able to come essentially at the same time. We will fill up Sept. 11-16 first, then once the villas are full, we'll move to filling up Sept. 6-11. Between those two weeks, there is plenty of room for all Champs and Finishers Raffle winners. If neither of those weeks work for you, you will be missed, but can still use your voucher as described above.
- The top four teams will also have their full roundtrip airfare to Panama covered as well as one night in Panama City. The next four teams (ranked 5-8) will receive $300 credit toward travel.
- The top four and eight teams will be determined by voting from all Adventure Hunt participants on which of the 48 winning teams performed the adventures best and had the most epic posts. The top two from each region--see below.
- Panama flights for top four teams out of United States only--or Canada, only if you win a Canadian Hunt.
- 8 Roundtrip tickets (2 each for top 4 teams)
- To win Top Eight for airfare help, you must attend the main AH RFB trip Sept. 10-16, 2017 or Sept. 5-11 (extra day to get from Panama City to Bocas is needed).
The Panama trip for all the champs in September will truly be an epic week, never to be forgotten! Do you have what it takes to make it there?