First thing's first, read the Waiver & Rules
- Q: What is the difference between Treasure Hunts and Mini Hunts?
A: Treasure Hunts are those Hunts on a set day and time where there is an Adventure List required to unlock the treasure map and a buried treasure awaits the winner. Mini Hunts are those Hunts where participants can start whenever they want, there is no Adventure List, the Hunt begins with clues and treasure map in the app and there is no buried treasure.
- Q: Is there any swag included with registration for Mini Hunts?
A: No, swag registration packages are just for the Treasure Hunts, but you can always visit our Store.
- Q: How long does it take?
A: Treasure Hunts start at 9am local time. Typically there's a new champ 4-5 hours later. Plan to be having a blast with Adventure Hunt from 9am-3pm. Mini Hunts generally take 2 hours and can be completed at your own pace, including spanning multiple days if you want.
- Q: How do I download the AdventureHunt.Co App?
A: Download now for iOS and Android.
- Q: My Treasure Hunt teammate bailed, how can I get another teammate?
A: Mini Hunts can be done solo. Treasure Hunts can have 2, 3 or 4 team members. Have your family member or friend take their place. Check and post to your city's Facebook Event page to see if there are others in your position. Someone is almost always available.
- Q: For Treasure Hunts, do my teammates need to register at the same time as me?
A: No. Your teammates may register anytime before Hunt Day. You cannot participate without at least one registered teammate, the app will not work. You each register separately here.
- Q: How and when do I pair with my teammate(s)?
A: Inside the AdventureHunt.Co App anytime before Hunt Day. Add your teammate(s) by entering in their registered email. They'll receive a teammate invite within the app.
- Q: How do I login to the app? What is my registration number?
A: Login using your registered email and registration (order) number, which you received via email or Facebook Messenger.
- Q: How do I edit my team's info within the app?
A: Tap on the gear icon, then tap on 'My Team', then 'Edit Team'. Here you may edit your team name and which Instagram you'd like us to check for verification.
- Q: How can I change which Instagram account I'd like you to verify?
A: There are two places:
- Tap on the gear icon, then tap on 'My Team', then 'Edit Team'. Here you may edit your team name and which Instagram you'd like us to check for verification. Don't include the '@' symbol. Spell it correctly.
- Within the Adventure List on Hunt day, scroll to the bottom, change it in the provided box. Don't include the '@' symbol. Spell it correctly.
- Q: How long does verification take?
A: Typically 15 minutes, but can take longer. If your team is rejected, re-verification may take an additional 15 minutes, so it's important you get it right the first time.
- Q: How can I change my shipping address?
A: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, registration number, and updated shipping address.
- Q: How can I change my email address?
A: Email email@example.com with your name, registration number, and updated email address.
- Q: Where is my Adventure Hunt swag?
A: You can track where your swag is at anytime once it ships. We will send a tracking number to your registered email address.
- Q: How can I change my name within the App?
A: The App defaults to the billing info provided at registration. If you paid for both yourself and your teammate the App will display your name twice. This will not negatively effect you on Hunt Day. We're working on a future update.
- Q: When will I receive my free Adventure Hunt gear and do I need it for the Hunt?
A: Within a week of Hunt Day (Treasure Hunts only). If you registered late and/or your swag is delivered after the Hunt, follow the Rules page for what to do in your Instagram posts.
- Q: Do I need an Instagram account?
A: For Treasure Hunts, yes. For Mini Hunts, no. For Treasure Hunts, we verify your team via Instagram. It's free and easy to use. Creating an account takes less than 1 minute. It needs to be set to PUBLIC, NOT PRIVATE.
- Q: Do both teammates need to post the Adventure List activities to Instagram?
A: No. Only one teammate needs to post to Instagram, but you both need to be present.
- Q: Do both teammates need to complete the Adventure List?
A: No, unless otherwise specified. Both teammates must be present in each activity.
- Q: Where can my teammate and I learn more about Red Frog Beach Resort in Panama?
- A: Right here!
- Q: What does the free Panama Trip include?
- A: A LOT! :) - see pics and vids here
- 6-day, 5-night stay for two in a luxury villa with a private pool at Red Frog Beach Resort
- Zip-line jungle tour for two
- Participation in the Final Hunt in Bocas del Toro, Panama
- 'Survivor' style competitions on the beach, followed by clues and another treasure hunt racing around Bocas del Toro!
- Panama Final Hunt Treasure Value: $1,000+
- 50% discount on surf lessons/half-day excursion with La Buga
- 50% discount on Scuba lessons/2-dive excursion with La Buga
- Top Four Winning Teams (determined by voting from all Adventure Hunt participants) also win free airfare to and from Bocas del Toro and a free night's stay in Panama City.
- Next Four Winning Teams, ranked 5-8 overall win $300 toward travel to Bocas del Toro.
- Not an all-inclusive resort.
Q: When is the trip to Panama?
A: September 10-16, 2017. Red Frog Beach has reserved every available villa for Adventure Hunt winners on these dates!
- If you can't make it on those dates, each treasure includes a voucher good for a FREE 6-day, 5-night stay at Red Frog Beach Resort in Panama. You can redeem it for whenever you want before September 11, 2018 with the exception of these blackout dates: November 1-7 and 21-26, 2017; December 15, 2017 - January 7, 2018; February 1 - March 31, 2018 and April 10-17, 2018.
- Q: Who pays for my food while in Panama?
A: You do. Red Frog Beach Resort is not an all-inclusive resort. They cover your lodging, saving you literally thousands of dollars.
- Q: Where can I eat while in Panama?
A: Red Frog Beach Resort has a 5-star restaurant on site along with a complete grocery center. There are tons of restaurants nearby too.
- Q: Who gets to go to Panama?
A: Every Treasure Hunt winning team per city, plus all teams selected from the Panama Finishers Raffle.
- Q: Can I bring more people to Panama?
A: Yes! They must be registered for Adventure Hunt. AH Champs may bring up to two guests to join them at this rate:
- $50/person per night for fellow AH participants.
- Q: Who gets free airfare?
A: The Top Four winning teams. One team per region. Voted by Adventure Hunt participants.
- Q: What's the best way to win the vote for free airfare?
A: Find the treasure and be epic and fun in your posts! Typically teams that are epic, funny, and/or dress-up in costumes win.
- Q: Can my team get travel credit towards airfare?
A: Yes. The next four winning teams (one team per region) will receive $600 credit toward their travel. These teams are voted by Adventure Hunt participants.
- Q: Who were the previous Adventure Hunt winners?
A: The first ever Adventure Hunt was held in 10 cities, Adventure Hunt II was in 15 cities, AH3 in 48 cities! - check out the winning teams here!
- Q: How many winning teams will receive the treasure?
A: One team per city for Treasure Hunts.
- Q: Are their runner-up prizes? If so, what are they?
A: Yes! Finish and you'll win:
- 2nd place gets $200 to sponsor site
- 3rd place gets $150 to sponsor site
- 4th-10th places get $50 to sponsor site
- 11th place and onwards each get $10 to the Adventure Hunt Store! Yes, everyone who finishes gets a prize!
- One Entry in the Panama Finishers Raffle
- What is the Panama Finishers Raffle?
- It's a raffle among all those who finish to get a villa in Panama, two teams per region! Just by finishing, you have a chance to go to Panama! Why? Because #FinishersAreWinners. Booyah!
- Q: When is the last day to register?
A: Mini Hunts are always open! For Treasure Hunts, the day before the Hunt. If you want your gear to arrive before the Hunt, then you need to register the Sunday before your Hunt, otherwise your swag will arrive after the Hunt.
- Q: What are the adventures we have to do?
A: That's a secret! Your city's Adventure List will be unveiled at 9am local time on Hunt Day. Some activities are worth more points than others. Skill level is not really a factor, so don't worry. Just have fun! Watch Past Hunts here. Mini Hunts do not have an Adventure List.
- Q: How does the Adventure List work?
A: The Adventure List works like a point system and consists of two sections: Fun and Adventure! Your team will need accumulate 10 points for both Fun and 10 points for Adventure. Get points by completing activities and posting them to Instagram. Once you have enough points, submit your team for verification.
- Q: Do the adventures cost money? If so, who pays for them?
A: The Adventure List has several different activities to choose from and can be completed without additional costs. Some activities may cost money, but are not required. Adventure Hunt and its sponsors do not cover the cost of any activities.
- Q: How do you suggest we complete the Adventure List?
A: Be prepared, bold, creative and clever. (i.e. if you don't own a boogie board, but want to complete a boogie-boarding activity, don't buy or rent one--borrow one from a friend or even ask someone on the beach if you can use theirs for a few minutes to take a video--just always remember to be safe, smart and follow the Rules).
- Q: How many stops are there on the Treasure Map Route?
A: Each treasure map route is specifically tailored to each city. Expect 10-20 stops.
- Q: How does the Treasure Map Route work?
A: You'll be solving city specific clues that'll lead you from location to location around your city! The app will notify you as you get closer and when you reach each stop.
- Q: What if I get stumped on a clue?
A: Not to worry! We have in-app clue helps available for purchase:
- Picture ($0.99): Photo of the exact location you need to be or something similar that helps solves the clue. Unlimited use.
- Video ($1.99): Video of the exact location you need to be and its surrounding area, often an aerial drone shot. Unlimited Use.
- Tell Me the Location ($9.99): Tells you the exact spot you need to be. Can be used 2x per team, per Hunt.
- Skip Location ($29): Allows you to entirely skip a clue and location. Can be used once per team, per Hunt.
- Q: Is it possible to finish without spending money on in-app purchases?
A: Yes! ALL clues can be solved without any of these additional helps (Google, ask friends and really think--don't expect to be able to read a clue and immediately solve it). Most teams don't use them, but if you need them, they're there. Who knows, maybe a little extra help will get you to Panama!
- Q: Where can I report a bug?
A: Chances are the app is working properly and you either: aren't in the correct location, haven't saved progress on your Adventure List, or you were denied challenges on your Adventure List – 99% of the time this is the case. But if you feel you're experiencing a 'bug' you may tap on the gear icon in the top left of the app, then submit your feedback here. As with all apps, you may force close the app and reopen it to 'refresh' it.
- Q: What will I need on Hunt Day?
A: Just a smartphone with the most recent version the AdventureHunt.Co App installed and a PUBLIC, NOT PRIVATE Instagram account. We do suggest:
- External charger, included with the Ultimate Hunt
- Water bottle, included with the Hunt Plus and Ultimate Hunt
- Quick mode of transportation, car, scooter, etc.
- Swimsuit and towel
- Adventurous fun attitude
- Q: Where will Adventure Hunt take place?
A: In your city and its surrounding areas. Typically no more than 20-30 minutes outside of your city.
- Q: What if there are multiple teams digging for the treasure?
A: In the unlikely event that multiple teams are digging for and find the treasure at the same time the treasure will be awarded to whichever team arrived there first, based on the team's timestamp within the app.
- Q: What is the refund policy?
A: All Registrations are final. We do not offer any refunds. Immediately upon registering, you receive discount codes from all our sponsors worth far more than the registration fee. Weather will never be a reason for a refund, this is Adventure Hunt people ;)
Q: What are my options if I can no longer participate?
A: You have two options:
- Transfer your registration to someone else, and have them pay you. They'll login to the AdventureHunt.Co app using your registered email and registration number.
- Keep your registration and use it for any future Hunt, this year or next.
- Q: Can I exchange or return my Adventure Hunt gear?
A: No. The Adventure Hunt gear is an added bonus for registering. No exchanges, returns or refunds are allowed.
- Q: Am I healthy enough to participate in Adventure Hunt?
- A: That's entirely up to you! Adventure Hunt can be completed by almost anyone.
- Q: How can I change my teammate after I have teamed up?
A: If for any reason you no longer want to participate with your teammate we can unlink you two as a team. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your registration number and your teammate's registration number. You must CC your teammate on the email.
- Q: Can we bring a photographer to help?
- A: Yes. They will not receive any prizes though.
- Q: Where do we meet / start?
- A: Anywhere! At 9am (local time) on Hunt Day the Adventure List will be unveiled within the App. Map out and plan what suits you best to have fun and win! For Mini Hunts, just register, open the app and start solving clues!
- Q: Does Adventure Hunt suggest a place to start?
A: Some cities may have a suggested starting place based on nearby activities. It is not required to start there. Suggested starting points may be displayed on your city's Facebook Event Page 1-2 days before the Hunt, and may be displayed within the app on the Adventure List. For Mini Hunts, just register, open the app and start solving clues!
- Q: Where does Adventure Hunt end?
- A: Where the treasure is buried! That'll remain a secret, it's up to you to find it! No treasure will be buried for Mini Hunts, but in cities where a Treasure Hunt previously took place, you can see where it was buried at the end.
- Q: I want to propose to my significant other during Adventure Hunt, can you do something special for me?
A: Possibly! Email email@example.com with your name, registration number, and a couple places of where you'd like to propose.
- Q: Can I give Adventure Hunt as a gift?
A: Yes! Each registration is linked to one email only. You may register for someone else by using an email you have access to, and then giving them this voucher.
- Q: How can I become an Ambassador?
A: We are always looking for influential people in each city to help spread the word. In exchange we offer free registration and even cash payments. If you are interested, please go here and fill out the needed info.
Remember, read these two pages:
How It Works | Waiver & Rules
What people are saying...
“We’ve done some crazy adventurous stuff and I don’t think I’ve had a high like that ever!”
"It’s been 24 hours and the adrenaline rush still has me smiling from ear to ear. What a great way to spend time with my son. Thanks for organizing such a great event!"
"Thank you so much for this opportunity! In a million years I never thought it would be this fun and adrenaline-packed!"
"The most intense, thrilling Saturday ever! It's a year of adventure in one day!"
"One of the funnest days I've ever had! Can't wait for next year!"